During the tour, visitors will be able to see a lot of species of fish and other marine animals that live in the coral reef.
Marine scientists recorded the highest number of fish species in Raja Ampat waters making the regency as the richest in the world for marine bio-diversity.
This snrkeling trip will raise awareness among the participants about the biodiversity of the marine environment in Raja Ampat and at the same time provide employment opportunities to local people so that they will be more serious in preserving their coral reef and rainforest.
|Pianemo (Fam islands) in Raja Ampat|
Here is a typical itinerary that I offer to my customers:
Leaving Sorong for Raja Ampat
We will stay at one of the homestays in the regionSnorkeling in Yenbuba strait
Traveling to Kabui karst islets (snorkeling) and a visit to its passage.
Snorkeling in Batu Lima or Friwen
A visit to sand bank
Traveling to Pianemo to see its beautiful scenery on top of one of its karst islets
Snorkeling in Arborek
Snorkeling in North West Mansuar
Snorkeling in South West Mansuar or Sawondarek
Leaving Raja Ampat for Sorong
The above itinerary should be seen only as a reference. The places or snorkeling sites can be changed during tour depending on weather condition, tide.
|Coral reef beneath Arborek jetty in Raja Ampat|
What you need to bring:
- Bring your own snorkeling mask and fins
- Sometimes there is no electricity in the homestay in remote island. You need a flashlight.
- If you need your personal medicines, bring them with you.
How to get there?
- Fly from your country to Jakarta city (the capital of Indonesia)
- Fly to Sorong by such airlines as Sriwijaya, Garuda, Express Air or Nam Air
|Coral reef in West Mansuar of Raja Ampat|
- Fly from your country to Singapore
- Fly to Manado city by Silk Air
- Fly from Manado to Sorong city
Land Tour in Mainland West Papua
You could also combine your snorkeling tour with land tour in the mainland of New Guinea particularly in the tropical rainforest of Tambrauw or Sorong regency. A separate itinerary for the rainforest camping tour can be sent to you by email upon request.
|Camping in the forest of Tambrauw regency|