Birding in the Rainforest
|Paradise bird in the rainforest of West Papua|
|Pinon Imperial Pigeon in Tambrauw Mountains of West Papua|
For highland birding, my recommendation is Ases Valley. From my personal experience of birding in the pristine forest of Tambrauw, the birds population and varieties are higher than in other forest locations that are close to towns. Visitors can see western crowned pigeon, pigeon, cockatoo, fruit doves, hornbills, and even several species of birds of paradise.
Birding in Different Elevations of the Mountains
|Bridled Tern at the beach of Tambrauw regency|
Tambrauw mountains are located between Manokwari and Sorong regencies. But the easiest way to reach the mountains is by chartering a 4WD car from Sorong city. So, I highly recommend to birdwatchers that they fly to Sorong city to go birding in Tambrauw.
Hiking and Birding
Please, look at the following map of West Papua. To participate in this birding tour, visitors have to fly from their country to Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia) and then continue by domestic airline to Sorong city which is the gate to Tambrauw regency.
|Map of Tambrauw Mountains in the Bird's head region of West Papua|
- First send me (Charles Roring) an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to go birding in Tambrauw mountains, first, you need to fly from your country to Jakarta - the capital of Indonesia.
- Then continue your trip to Sorong city by one of the domestic airlines such as Garuda, Sriwijaya or Express Air.
- When you have arrived in Sorong city, I will meet you at the airport or at the hotel to arrange your trip to Tambrauw regency.
- To minimize the cost of transportation and other logistical expenses, I suggest that Birdwatchers need totravel in a group of at least 4 people. Why? Because, the maximum capacity of the cabin of a 4WD car is only for four passengers.
- But if you are traveling alone or with one partner, or even in a large group, I can always try find a cheaper way to reach Tambrauw regency
To book your birding tour in Tambrauw regency, please, contact me (Charles Roring) by email to: email@example.com. The birding tour is available all year round.
|Sunset in Sausapor|